Sunday, October 4, 2009

Harper Harmonizes..... who knew?

Released yesterday to the world of youtube viewers and Globe readers was the Canadian Prime Minister rocking out with Yo Yo Ma to a famous Beatles song. I couldn't make this up if I tried...

Prime Minister Harper took the stage at a gala at the National Arts Centre Saturday October 3, 2009. Although I'm no voice coach or a judge on American Idol, I think he did relatively well - minus hitting the high notes, though I might be concerned if he had a falsetto like Justin Timberlake, that would just be weird.

A few questions:
1) Was this a media stunt to show the more interesting and human side of Harper as talks of an election heat up again? He must be aware of the power of the internet, knowing it would be posted, shared and talked about... and posted, shared and talked about... etc.

2)Will Rick Mercer be having a field day with this one? I can only imagine the hilarity that man must be finding in this right now.

Please welcome the Canadian Prime Minister to the stage as he rocks the Beatles hit With A Little Help From My Friends

1 comment:

  1. http://www.nowtoronto.com/daily/story.cfm?content=171681

    ReplyDelete